China 18CrMo4-Alloy steel is a low carbon case hardening steel which has at least 0.9Cr%,0.15%Mo as strengthening elements as per EN10084 standard.It has good process performance ,and has high strength when temperature at 500-550 °C.The oxidation resistance is deteriorated and the creep strength is remarkably lowered when temperature exceeds 550°C.The weldability of 18CrMo4 steel is also very good, with excellent machining or cutting properties.
- EN 10084: 2008 Case hardening steels. Technical delivery conditions
- EN 10263-3: 2001 Steel rod, bars and wire for cold heading and cold extrusion. Technical delivery conditions for case hardening steels
- EN 10250-3: 2000 Open steel die forgings for general engineering purposes.
China 18CrMo4-Alloy steel is widely in gear components of all kind and cog wheels. Open die steel forgings for general engineering purposes.High and medium pressure steam pipes, headers and superheaters.
|0.15-0.21||max 0.4||0.6 – 0.9||max 0.025||max 0.035||0.9-1.2||0.15-0.25|
|Surface Finish||Size Tolerance||Length|
|Black For Forged condition||(0，+5mm)||Multiple Length/Fixed Length|
|Black For Rolled condition||(0，+1mm)|
- Tensile Strength:min 1080 N/mm2
- Yield Strength:min. 880N/mm2
- Elongation:min.10 %(l)
- Kv-Imapct value:min.72J (l)
- Normalizing:870 – 900℃,Cooling in air
- Soft Annealing:680- 700℃,Cooling in furnace
- Stress Relieving:50°C under the temperature of tempering
- Hardening:850 – 880°C,oil or polymer,840-850°C,water
- Tempering:150 – 200℃, cool in still air