China 36NiCrMo16-Alloy steel is defined as a heat treatable and low alloy steel which has 0.8% Cr, 0.2% Mo and 1.8% Ni as strengthening alloy elements.Compared with AISI 4140,it has higher strength and toughness,also it has very good fatigue resistance, wear resistance and atmospheric corrosion resistance.36CrNiMo4 / 1.6511 is generally supplied in hardened and tempered condition with the tensile range of 930 – 1080 Mpa ,hardness 280-320HB.Pre hardened and tempered 4340 can be further surface hardened by flame or induction hardening and by nitriding.
- EN 10083-3: 2006 Steels for quenching and tempering. Technical delivery conditions for alloy steels
- EN 10250-3: 2000 Open steel die forgings for general engineering purposes. Alloy special steels
China 36NiCrMo16-Alloy steel is often used in preference to AISI 4140 at the higher strength levels because of its better hardenability and improved CVN impact toughness.
Typical applications include:Heavy-duty axles, shafts, heavy-duty gears,spindles, pins, studs, collets, bolts, couplings,sprockets, pinions, torsion bars, connecting rods,crow bars, conveyor parts,forged hydraulic,forged steel crankshafts etc.
|0.32-0.39||max 0.4||0.5 – 0.8||3.6-4.1||max 0.025||max 0.025||1.8 – 2.0||0.25 – 0.45|
|Surface Finish||Size Tolerance||Length|
|Black For Forged condition||(0，+5mm)||Multiple Length/Fixed Length|
|Black For Rolled condition||(0，+1mm)|
- Tensile Strength:min 1000 N/mm2
- Yield Strength:min. 800 N/mm2
- Elongation:min.11 %(l)
- Kv-Imapct value:min.45 J (l)
- Normalizing:850℃-880℃,Cool in air
- Soft Annealing:830℃-850℃,furnace cooling to 610℃ at a rate of 11℃ per hour, finally air cooling.
- Stress Relieving:600 °C – 650 °C,Cooling in air
- Hardening:830℃-865℃,oil quench
- Tempering:450℃- 660℃, cool in still air