China 42CrMo4-Alloy steel (1.7225 steel) is an European standard alloy steel, the delivery condition of this steel is mostly tempered and quenched, it has high strength, high toughness, good hardenability, temper brittleness, high fatigue limit, good impact resistance after quenching and tempering, and good low temperature impact toughness. This steel is suitable for the manufacture of large and medium-sized plastic molds requiring a certain degree of strength and toughness, transmission gears, rear axles, load-carrying connecting rods, spring clips and oil deep well drill pipe joints.
- EN 10083-3: 2006 Steels for quenching and tempering. Technical delivery conditions for alloy steels
- EN 10132-3: 2000 Cold rolled narrow steel strip for heat treatment. Technical delivery conditions. Steels for quenching and tempering
- EN 10305-1: 2010 Steel tubes for precision applications. Seamless cold drawn tubes. Technical delivery conditions
- EN 10269: 1999 Steels and nickel alloys for fasteners with specified elevated and/or low temperature properties
- EN 10263-4: 2001 Steel rod, bars and wire for cold heading and cold extrusion. Technical delivery conditions for steels for quenching and tempering
- EN 10250-3: 2000 Open steel die forgings for general engineering purposes. Alloy special steels
- EN 10297-1: 2003 Seamless circular steel tubes for mechanical and general engineering purposes. Non-alloy and alloy steel tubes. Technical delivery conditions
China 42CrMo4-Alloy steel is widely used for engineering steel purpose, such as: making various kinds of machinery, automobile, mining spare part, the gearwheel of the engine, the driving gear of supercharger, the connecting rob, the pinchock under the high pressure, parts for power train applications, cold formed fastenercomponents, shafts, gears, drill collars for the oil exploration, etc.
|0.38 – 0.45||max 0.4||0.6 – 0.9||max 0.025||max 0.035||0.9 – 1.2||0.15 – 0.3|
|Surface Finish||Size Tolerance||Length|
|Black For Forged condition||(0，+5mm)||Multiple Length/Fixed Length|
|Black For Rolled condition||(0，+1mm)|
- Yield strength Re: > 500 MPa.
- Tensile strength Rm: 750-900 MPa.
- Elongation A: > 14 %
- Percent reduction of area Z: > 550 %
- Impact energy KV: > 35 J
- Normalizing: 850 – 880°C,Cooling in air
- Soft Annealing:680 – 720°C,Cooling in furnace
- Stress relieve:450-650°C,Cooling in air
- Hardening:820 – 880°C,oil or water quench
- Tempering:540 – 680°C,Cooling in air