- Tensile strength：1792 MPa
- Tensile Strength, Yield：1482MPa
- Modulus of elasticity: 207 GPa
- Poisson’s ratio: 0.27-0.3
- Samurai sword
- Screw dies
- Turning tools and plane cutter
- Wire drawing dies
- ForHand-saw bladesging die
- FORGING: H11 hot work steels are forged at 1121°C (2050°F). For this type of steels, forging below 899°C (1650°F) is not preferable.
- ANNEALING: H11 hot work steels are annealed at 871°C (1600°F) and slowly cooled at 4°C (40°F) in the furnace.
- HARDENING: Preheat to 1500 F and then heat to 1850 F and hold for 15 to 40 minutes. Air cool (air quench).
- TEMPERING: Tempering is carried out on H11 tool steels at temperature ranging from 538 to 649°C (1000 to 1200°F) to obtain Rockwell C hardness of 54 to 38. Double tempering can also be performed in these steels every one hour at the preferred tempering temperature